- Altitude: 4100 m
- Place: Contrahierba Base Camp
- Mountains to climb: Contrahierbas
- Open: June to september
- Capacity: 104 beds in different rooms, with cabins, restaurant service, heating, toilet with hot shower.
- Access: transport from Huaraz or Marcará goes down the Callejón de Huaylas to Yungay; by the Llanganuco valley (Huascaran National Park Control), passing through the Portachuelo pass of Llanganuco 4767m, continuing to Yanama (in Conchucos). From there a light walk of an hour and a half to the refuge.
- Activities: views of the snow-capped mountains of the Cordillera Blanca from Conchucos.